Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Introducing a new podcast from Dr. Mike and Nationwide Children’s Hospital! For nearly a decade, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, doctors and nurses and students have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast aimed at providers. In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer Continuing Medical Education credit to our listeners!
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, explore the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is in iTunes and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you'd like to earn free AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ you'll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you'll be able to complete the educational activities and earn CME credit.
- Childhood Physical Abuse – PediaCast CME 030 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_030.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION This week we consider childhood physical abuse. We’ll explore the scope of the problem (as many as 95% of cases go unreported!), risk factors for families, “red […]
- Make It Stick & Teaming – PediaCast CME 029 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_029.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION It’s our first-ever book review on PediaCast CME! Larry Hurtubise, Dr Elizabeth Bonachea and Dr Kyla Driest stop by the studio to talk about Make It Stick […]
- Pediatric Medical Ethics – PediaCast CME 028 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_028.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Ashley Fernandes visits the PediaCast studio as we consider pediatric medical ethics. We’ll lay a foundation and framework for walking through difficult decisions and apply what […]
- Pediatric Ovarian Torsion – PediaCast CME 027 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_027.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Geri Hewitt joins Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for a discussion on ovarian/adnexal torsion in the pediatric and adolescent population. Torsion can occur at any […]
- Toxic Stress & Resiliency – PediaCast CME 026 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_026.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION This week we shed light on toxic stress and resiliency. Discover how adverse events of childhood impact development, learning and adult health. We explore causes and effects […]