Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Introducing a new podcast from Dr. Mike and Nationwide Children’s Hospital! For nearly a decade, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, doctors and nurses and students have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast aimed at providers. In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer Continuing Medical Education credit to our listeners!
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, explore the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is in iTunes and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you'd like to earn free AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ you'll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you'll be able to complete the educational activities and earn CME credit.
- Food Allergies – PediaCast CME 018 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_018.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Wesley Burks and Dr Becky Scherzer join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for a discussion on food allergies. What’s behind the rapid rise […]
- Birth Control for Teenagers – PediaCast CME 017 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_017.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Elise Berlan visits the PediaCast Studio for a discussion on birth control for teenagers. We cover the prevalence of sexual activity for American teens, […]
- Taking the HEAT – PediaCast CME 016 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_016.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Emotionally-charged interactions with patients and families are a common challenge for healthcare providers. Shawn Chambers, patient relations coordinator for emergency medicine at Nationwide Children’s, stops […]
- Pediatric Hypertension – PediaCast CME 015 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_015.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Hiren Patel visits the PediaCast Studio to talk about pediatric hypertension. Blood pressures are on the rise, mirroring the increase in childhood obesity. We […]
- Introduction to Mentoring – PediaCast CME 014 - http://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_014.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr John Mahan and Dr Karyn Kassis visit Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for a discussion on mentoring relationships in academic medicine. We […]