Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Introducing a new podcast from Dr. Mike and Nationwide Children’s Hospital! For nearly a decade, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, doctors and nurses and students have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast aimed at providers. In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer Continuing Medical Education credit to our listeners!
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, explore the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is in iTunes and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you'd like to earn free AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ you'll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you'll be able to complete the educational activities and earn CME credit.
- Teens and Screens – PediaCast CME 052 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_052.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Teens and Screens. Dr Sandra Brown and Caitlin Tully visit the PediaCast Studio as we explore the impact of screen time on cognitive and social development. We […]
- Pediatric Burn Care – PediaCast CME 051 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_051.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Rajan Thakkar stops by the studio as we consider pediatric burns and their care. We review burn classification, initial and ongoing management, surveillance for complications and […]
- Management of Pediatric Asthma – PediaCast CME 050 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_050.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Our panel of experts consider the management of pediatric asthma. We explore diagnosis and treatment, environmental interventions, educational tools and community programs aimed at supporting children and […]
- Tears, Lazy Eye, Pink Eye and Injuries: an Ophthalmology Update – PediaCast CME 049 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_049.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Julie Lange stops by the studio with an eye update for pediatricians. We explore the ins and outs of vision screening, dacryostenosis, strabismus, amblyopia, conjunctivitis and […]
- Seizures & Epilepsy – PediaCast CME 048 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_048.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Dara Albert visits the studio as we discuss seizures and epilepsy. We cover the new classification system for seizures and the causes, diagnosis and treatment of […]