Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Introducing a new podcast from Dr. Mike and Nationwide Children’s Hospital! For nearly a decade, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, doctors and nurses and students have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast aimed at providers. In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer Continuing Medical Education credit to our listeners!
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, explore the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is in iTunes and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you'd like to earn free AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ you'll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you'll be able to complete the educational activities and earn CME credit.
- Pediatric Quality & Safety – PediaCast CME 040 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_040.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION We all know quality and safety are important in pediatric practice. But how do we choose something to improve? What are best strategies for designing, executing and […]
- Behavioral Health Services in the Medical Home – PediaCast CME 039 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_039.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Ujjwal Ramtekkar visits the studio as we consider providing behavioral health services in the medical home. We discuss the office-based management of anxiety, depression, self injury […]
- Communicating Medicine through Social Media: Best Practices, Benefits and Pitfalls – PediaCast CME 038 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_038.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION This week we explore the importance of reaching millennials with evidence-based health and wellness information on social media. We consider best practices for engagement, as well as […]
- Drug Allergies and the Importance of Getting Them Right – PediaCast CME 037 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_037.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Dave Stukus visits the studio as we consider drug allergies and the importance of getting them right. Missing a drug allergy can lead to a life-threatening […]
- Management of Childhood and Teenage Obesity – PediaCast CME 036 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_036.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Ihuoma Eneli and Dr Marc Michalsky visit the PediaCast Studio as we discuss the medical and surgical management of pediatric and adolescent obesity. We define pediatric […]