Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Since 2006, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 400 episodes and millions of downloads across the country and around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other podcast source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, many healthcare providers have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast just for them! In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer several forms of education credit for our listeners.
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives, search by topic, browse the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is also available wherever podcasts are found. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with comments and topic ideas.
PediaCast CME currently offers the following forms of education credit:
- Physicians – Category 1 CME from The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Nurses – CE contact hours from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Physician Assistants – Category 1 CME from The American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
- Pharmacists – ACPE hours from the The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Psychologists – CE credits from the The American Psychological Association (APA)
- Social Workers – CE credits from the The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB ACE)
- Dentistry – CE credits from The American Dental Association (ADA CERP)
To claim your credit, follow the Cloud CME link on each episode’s SHOW NOTES page!
- Supporting Healthcare Workers Impacted by Grief – PediaCast CME 085 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_085.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Dr Megan Schaefer and Dr Natalie Truba visit the studio as we consider the support of healthcare workers impacted by grief. Losing a patient or client results in physical, cognitive, emotional, and social concerns. […]
- Caring for Children of Incarcerated Parents – PediaCast CME 084 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_084.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Drs Alex Kemper and Rosemary Martoma visit the studio as we consider caring for children of incarcerated parents. These kids are impacted by many physical, mental and social challenges… and pediatric providers are in […]
- Disordered Eating Among Teenagers – PediaCast CME 083 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_083.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Dr Casey Levy and clinical dieticians, Sakiko Minagawa and Jamie Glodowski, visit the studio as we consider disordered eating among teenagers. We explore low energy availability, anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. Tune in to […]
- Diagnosis and Management of ADHD – PediaCast CME 082 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_082.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Dr Abigail Caserta and Dr Kristina Jiner visit the studio as we explore the diagnosis and management of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Also considered: epidemiology, pathophysiology and best practices for supporting children and […]
- Supporting Children and Teens with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus – PediaCast CME 081 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_081.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Dr Aurelia Wood and Dr Kajal Gandhi visit the studio as we consider support for those impacted by type 1 diabetes mellitus. We review pathogenesis, symptoms, diagnosis and management of this common disease… and […]