Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Since 2006, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 400 episodes and millions of downloads across the country and around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other podcast source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, many healthcare providers have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast just for them! In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer several forms of education credit for our listeners.
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives, search by topic, browse the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is also available wherever podcasts are found. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with comments and topic ideas.
PediaCast CME currently offers the following forms of education credit:
- Physicians – Category 1 CME from The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Nurses – CE contact hours from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Physician Assistants – Category 1 CME from The American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
- Pharmacists – ACPE hours from the The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Psychologists – CE credits from the The American Psychological Association (APA)
- Social Workers – CE credits from the The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB ACE)
- Dentistry – CE credits from The American Dental Association (ADA CERP)
To claim your credit, follow the Cloud CME link on each episode’s SHOW NOTES page!
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Medicine – PediaCast CME 092 - Show Notes Description Dr Laura Rust and Dr Tyler Gorham visit the studio as we explore the impact of artificial intelligence and machine learning on healthcare and medicine. Discover their differences, applications, and ethical considerations. We hope you can join […]
- Emotional Intelligence and Medicine: Self Awareness – PediaCast CME 091 - Show Notes Description Erica Banta returns to the studio as we continue our coverage of emotional intelligence in medicine. This week we explore self-awareness and the foundational role it plays in establishing EQ, improving career satisfaction, and promoting success in […]
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Medicine – PediaCast CME 090 - Show Notes Description Dr Quinn Capers visits the studio as we consider diversity, equity and inclusion in medicine. Underrepresented individuals face many challenges in pursuing a medical career. We discuss strategies for overcoming barriers and creating strong, diverse healthcare teams. […]
- Health Literacy and Plain Language Pediatrics – PediaCast CME 089 - Show Notes Description Dr Alex Rakowsky and Dr Mary Ann Abrams visit the studio as we consider health literacy and plain language pediatrics. Low health literacy is associated with increased emergency department visits and hospitalizations, decreased patient satisfaction, and poor […]
- Functional Rehabilitation for Student Athletes – PediaCast CME 088 - Show Notes Description Eric Leighton and Jesse Parthemore visit the studio as we consider functional rehabilitation for the student athlete. Injuries are common during sports participation. With the proper guidance, athletes can overcome injury, improve performance and return to play […]