Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Since 2006, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 400 episodes and millions of downloads across the country and around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other podcast source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, many healthcare providers have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast just for them! In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer several forms of education credit for our listeners.
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives, search by topic, browse the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is also available wherever podcasts are found. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with comments and topic ideas.
PediaCast CME currently offers the following forms of education credit:
- Physicians – Category 1 CME from The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Nurses – CE contact hours from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Physician Assistants – Category 1 CME from The American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
- Pharmacists – ACPE hours from the The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Psychologists – CE credits from the The American Psychological Association (APA)
- Social Workers – CE credits from the The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB ACE)
- Dentistry – CE credits from The American Dental Association (ADA CERP)
To claim your credit, follow the Cloud CME link on each episode’s SHOW NOTES page!
- Tics, Tourette’s and Functional Movement Disorders – PediaCast CME 067 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_067.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes Description Dr Janice Moreland and Brandon Morgan visit the studio as we consider tics, Tourette Syndrome and functional movement disorders. These conditions are somewhat related, sometimes confused and often misunderstood. Tune in […]
- Supporting Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth in Pediatric Practice – PediaCast CME 066 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_066.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes Description Dr Scott Leibowitz visits the studio as we consider support for transgender and gender diverse youth in pediatric practice. Gender identity is an important element of childhood development, and pediatric professionals […]
- Preventing HIV Infection with Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) – PediaCast CME 065 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_065.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes Description Dr Megan Brundrett visits the studio as we consider the prevention of HIV infection with Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP). We explore identification and support of at-risk youth and discuss the benefits, risks and […]
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia – PediaCast CME 064 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_064.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes Description Join us for another resident-led episode of PediaCast CME. This week, Dr Sabine Eid and Dr Kristin Sundy-Boyles visit the studio as we consider community-acquired pneumonia. Learn the cause, presentation, diagnosis and […]
- Management of Post-Concussion Syndrome – PediaCast CME 063 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_063.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes and CME Information DESCRIPTION Drs Sean Rose and Kelly McNally visit the studio as we consider complex concussions and the management of post-concussion syndrome. We explore prolonged symptoms following a concussion, including why […]