Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Introducing a new podcast from Dr. Mike and Nationwide Children’s Hospital! For nearly a decade, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, doctors and nurses and students have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast aimed at providers. In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer Continuing Medical Education credit to our listeners!
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, explore the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is in iTunes and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you'd like to earn free AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ you'll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you'll be able to complete the educational activities and earn CME credit.
- Seizures & Epilepsy – PediaCast CME 048 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_048.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Dara Albert visits the studio as we discuss seizures and epilepsy. We cover the new classification system for seizures and the causes, diagnosis and treatment of […]
- Splinting the Lower Extremity – PediaCast CME 047 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_047.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Marc Leder and James Robinson return to the studio as we consider splints of the lower extremity. We cover materials, indications, application, pitfalls, home going instructions […]
- Splinting the Upper Extremity – PediaCast CME 046 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_046.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Marc Leder and James Robinson visit the studio as we consider splints of the upper extremity. We cover materials, indications, application, pitfalls, home going instructions and […]
- Congenital CMV Infection – PediaCast CME 045 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_045.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Pablo Sanchez visits the studio as we explore congenital CMV infection. This condition is a leading cause of hearing loss. Early treatment might preserve hearing, but […]
- Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1) – PediaCast CME 044 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_044.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION May is Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month! Dr Murugu Manickam (Clinical Geneticist) and Emily Sites (Genetic Counselor) join us in the studio as we discuss recognizing NF1, providing anticipatory guidance for […]