Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Since 2006, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 400 episodes and millions of downloads across the country and around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other podcast source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, many healthcare providers have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast just for them! In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer several forms of education credit for our listeners.
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives, search by topic, browse the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is also available wherever podcasts are found. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you’d like to earn free education credit, you’ll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you’ll be able to complete the activities and earn the credits!
PediaCast CME currently offers the following forms of education credit:
- Physicians – Category 1 CME from The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Nurses – CE contact hours from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Physician Assistants – Category 1 CME from The American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
- Pharmacists – ACPE hours from the The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Psychologists – CE credits from the The American Psychological Association (APA)
- Social Workers – CE credits from the The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB ACE)
- Dentistry – CE credits from The American Dental Association (ADA CERP)
- Teaching in the Age of COVID – PediaCast CME 054 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_054.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes, including a transformation of medical education. This week, we examine recent innovations, uncover surprising benefits and point out opportunities for […]
- Child Advocacy and the Case for Making a Difference – PediaCast CME 053 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_053.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Benard Dreyer visits the PediaCast Studio as we consider child advocacy and the importance of making a difference for kids and families at home and around […]
- Teens and Screens – PediaCast CME 052 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_052.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Teens and Screens. Dr Sandra Brown and Caitlin Tully visit the PediaCast Studio as we explore the impact of screen time on cognitive and social development. We […]
- Pediatric Burn Care – PediaCast CME 051 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_051.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Rajan Thakkar stops by the studio as we consider pediatric burns and their care. We review burn classification, initial and ongoing management, surveillance for complications and […]
- Management of Pediatric Asthma – PediaCast CME 050 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_050.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Our panel of experts consider the management of pediatric asthma. We explore diagnosis and treatment, environmental interventions, educational tools and community programs aimed at supporting children and […]