Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Since 2006, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 400 episodes and millions of downloads across the country and around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other podcast source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, many healthcare providers have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast just for them! In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer several forms of education credit for our listeners.
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives, search by topic, browse the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is also available wherever podcasts are found. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you’d like to earn free education credit, you’ll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you’ll be able to complete the activities and earn the credits!
PediaCast CME currently offers the following forms of education credit:
- Physicians – Category 1 CME from The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Nurses – CE contact hours from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Physician Assistants – Category 1 CME from The American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
- Pharmacists – ACPE hours from the The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Psychologists – CE credits from the The American Psychological Association (APA)
- Social Workers – CE credits from the The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB ACE)
- Dentistry – CE credits from The American Dental Association (ADA CERP)
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis and Nerve Transfer Surgery – PediaCast CME 059 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_059.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes and CME Information DESCRIPTION Complications from poliovirus were a thing of the past until a polio-like illness appeared in 2012. Enterovirus D68 is a likely cause of this new disorder but the impact […]
- Fever in the Young Infant – PediaCast CME 058 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_058.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes and CME Information DESCRIPTION Pediatric residents, Dr Abha Athale and Dr Daniel Schmitz, visit the studio as we consider fever in the young infant. We review the history of guidelines and clinical pathways […]
- Bronchiolitis: Diagnosis, Management, Prevention – PediaCast CME 057 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_057.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes and CME Information DESCRIPTION Drs Asuncion Mejias and Gerd McGwire visit the studio as we consider bronchiolitis in the age of COVID. We explore the diagnosis, management and prevention of this common—and sometimes […]
- Infantile Hemangiomas – PediaCast CME 056 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_056.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes and CME Information DESCRIPTION Dr Esteban Fernandez Faith visits the studio as we consider infantile hemangiomas. We explore the cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and complications of these common… and sometimes confounding… skin lesions. […]
- Boosting Resilience in Healthcare Workers – PediaCast CME 055 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_055.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes and CME Information DESCRIPTION Dr Parker Huston and Sean Tams visit the studio as we consider resilience in healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Caring for ourselves often gets lost in the quest […]