Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Since 2006, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 400 episodes and millions of downloads across the country and around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other podcast source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, many healthcare providers have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast just for them! In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer several forms of education credit for our listeners.
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives, search by topic, browse the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is also available wherever podcasts are found. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with comments and topic ideas.
PediaCast CME currently offers the following forms of education credit:
- Physicians – Category 1 CME from The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Nurses – CE contact hours from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Physician Assistants – Category 1 CME from The American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
- Pharmacists – ACPE hours from the The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Psychologists – CE credits from the The American Psychological Association (APA)
- Social Workers – CE credits from the The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB ACE)
- Dentistry – CE credits from The American Dental Association (ADA CERP)
To claim your credit, follow the Cloud CME link on each episode’s SHOW NOTES page!
- Management of Class III Malocclusion with BAMP and Bollard Plates – PediaCast CME 078 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_078.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Drs Kaitrin Kramer, Ibby Khansa and Greg Pearson visit the studio as we consider the management of class III malocclusion (underbite) with bone-anchored maxillary protraction (BAMP) and Bollard plates. Discover the who, what, when, […]
- Complex Communication Needs – PediaCast CME 077 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_077.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Dr Jamie Boster and Bridgett Collins visit the studio as we consider the challenges faced by children with complex communication needs and the role of speech-language pathologists in helping families overcome them. We also […]
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis – PediaCast CME 076 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_076.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description The incidence of eosinophilic esophagitis is on the rise. Dr Rajitha Venkatesh and Dr Elizabeth Erwin visit the studio as we explore the ins and outs of this condition. We hope you can join […]
- Genomics 101: An Introduction to Next-Generation Sequencing – PediaCast CME 075 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_075.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Dr Rick Wilson and Dr Elaine Mardis visit the studio as we consider the basics of genomic medicine. Learn how DNA is sequenced, explored and used to inform the diagnosis, prognosis and management of […]
- The Brief Resolved Unexplained Event (BRUE) – PediaCast CME 074 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_074.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: RSS Show Notes Description Drs Meghan Fennell and Vanessa Thiel visit the studio as we consider the brief resolved unexplained event (BRUE). Learn what this term means, when to worry and what to do… in this resident-led episode. […]