Welcome to PediaCast CME
A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
Introducing a new podcast from Dr. Mike and Nationwide Children’s Hospital! For nearly a decade, PediaCast has provided moms and dads with a regular dose of news parents can use, answers to listener questions and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. With over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
But what about providers?
Over the years, doctors and nurses and students have joined the PediaCast audience, looking for evidence-based answers to the questions young patients and parents ask most. And now, in response to popular demand, we’ve created a podcast aimed at providers. In addition to a wide range of pediatric topics, we include episodes on faculty development, helping pediatric teachers and researchers improve skills at every level. Plus, we offer Continuing Medical Education credit to our listeners!
It’s easy to jump in.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, explore the show notes or start listening now! PediaCast CME is in iTunes and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comments and topic ideas.
Join PediaCast CME
Anyone can listen to our podcasts and explore the Show Notes. However, if you'd like to earn free AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ you'll need to sign up for an account. After you register and login, you'll be able to complete the educational activities and earn CME credit.
- Seasonal Allergies – PediaCast CME 034 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_034.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr David Stukus visits the PediaCast Studio as we consider seasonal (and year-round) allergies. We explore common causes, diagnosis, evidence-based treatment strategies, prevention and the latest topics […]
- Sports-Related Concussion – PediaCast CME 033 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_033.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Steven Cuff stops by the PediaCast Studio to discuss sports-related concussions. We explore diagnosis and the management of short-term and long-term symptoms, along with school implications […]
- Preventing Violent Death – PediaCast CME 032 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_032.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Eric Sigel, from Children’s Hospital Colorado, visits the PediaCast Studio to talk about violent death in American youth. We describe the scope of the problem and […]
- Antibiotic Stewardship – PediaCast CME 031 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_031.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION Dr Preeti Jaggi stops by the PediaCast Studio to talk about antibiotic stewardship. We discuss goals behind the concept with practical tips for setting up a stewardship […]
- Childhood Physical Abuse – PediaCast CME 030 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacastcme/pediacast-cme_030.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSS Show Notes / Continuing Medical Education Information DESCRIPTION This week we consider childhood physical abuse. We’ll explore the scope of the problem (as many as 95% of cases go unreported!), risk factors for families, “red […]