Support for Breastfeeding Moms – PediaCast CME 024
Dr Kristina Lehman is an IM/Peds physician and advanced lactation consultant. She stops by the studio to remind us of breastfeeding’s importance and the skills needed to support breastfeeding moms. We cover strategies for initiating and maintaining breastfeeding, along with common problems and their solutions. We hope you can join us!
INSTRUCTIONS TO OBTAIN FREE CME CREDIT
- Login to your PediaCast CME account. If you don’t have an account, sign up here.
- Read this Continuing Medical Education Information Sheet in its entirety.
- Listen to the podcast.
- Complete the Post Test.
- You must achieve a passing score of 75% or higher on the Post Test.
- If you achieve a passing score, we will email your Certificate of Participation immediately.
- Please print and keep a copy of the certificate for your records.
Healthy Children Project
Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice
The Milk Mob
Infant Risk Center
Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
Paced Bottle Feeding Technique (YouTube)
This online activity will identify and explore issues related to the practice of pediatric medicine in primary care and subspecialty settings.
Primary care physicians, pediatric subspecialists, and other health care professionals who provide care for pediatric patients should participate in this activity.
At the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of breastfeeding and describe the benefits it confers upon infants and their mothers.
- Employ best practices and manage common problems associated with the initiation of breastfeeding.
- Support the maintenance of breastfeeding by identifying and solving common difficulties, such as poor infant latch, nipple tenderness, mastitis, low milk production, bottle supplements and breast milk storage.
- Counsel breastfeeding mothers returning to work and those ready to wean off breastfeeding.
No one in a position to control content has any relationships with commercial interests.
Nationwide Children’s has not received any commercial support for this activity.
ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETE
DATE OF ORIGINAL RELEASE
March 1, 2017
March 1, 2020
CME CREDIT AND PROVIDER INFORMATION
Nationwide Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The ACCME requires CME providers to maintain records of attendance for 6 years after participation.
Currently, there is no fee to obtain Category 1 CME Credit from this activity.
Please contact the Nationwide Children’s CME Office with any questions:
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Education Department, CME Office
700 Children’s Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
PLEASE LOGIN TO COMPLETE THE POST TEST!