Pediatric Medical Ethics – PediaCast CME 028
Dr Ashley Fernandes visits the PediaCast studio as we consider pediatric medical ethics. We’ll lay a foundation and framework for walking through difficult decisions and apply what we learn to specific clinical cases. We hope you can join us!
INSTRUCTIONS TO OBTAIN FREE CME CREDIT
- Login to your PediaCast CME account. If you don’t have an account, sign up here.
- Read this Continuing Medical Education Information Sheet in its entirety.
- Listen to the podcast.
- Complete the Post Test.
- You must achieve a passing score of 75% or higher on the Post Test.
- If you achieve a passing score, we will email your Certificate of Participation immediately.
- Please print and keep a copy of the certificate for your records.
Pediatric Medical Ethics
Natural Law theory
Ethics of Care
Principles of Biomedical Ethics, 5th Edition (Beauchamp and Childress)
Clinical Ethics: A Practical Approach to Ethical Decisions (Jonsen, Siegler, Winslade)
Resolving Ethical Dilemmas: A Guideline for Clinicians, 2nd Edition (Lo)
Intervention & Reflection: Basic Issues in Medical Ethics, 9th Edition (Munson)
Confidentiality, Consent and Caring for the Adolescent Patient (Berlan & Bravender)
Physician Refusal to Provide Information or Treatment on the Basis of Claims of Conscience (AAP)
Critical Reflection – PediaCast CME 012
This online activity will identify and explore issues related to medical education and faculty development in pediatric primary care and subspecialty settings.
Primary care physicians, pediatric subspecialists and other healthcare professionals involved in medical education and other academic activities should participate in this activity.
At the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the critical differences between pediatric and adult medical ethics, and between medical ethics and other “ethics.”
- Identify the reasons why utilizing ethical theory in bioethics is important in both theory and in practice.
- Given an ethical scenario, identify the ethical theory or components of a theory used by the decision-makers in justifying their actions.
- Utilize ethical theory and experience in analyzing ethical dilemmas.
No one in a position to control content has any relationships with commercial interests.
Nationwide Children’s has not received any commercial support for this activity.
ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETE
DATE OF ORIGINAL RELEASE
August 2, 2017
August 2, 2020
CME CREDIT AND PROVIDER INFORMATION
Nationwide Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The ACCME requires CME providers to maintain records of attendance for 6 years after participation.
Currently, there is no fee to obtain Category 1 CME Credit from this activity.
Please contact the Nationwide Children's CME Office with any questions:
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Education Department, CME Office
700 Children’s Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
PLEASE LOGIN TO COMPLETE THE POST TEST!